A photograph can change things quickly. Until then, I may know a person only through census entries, deeds, handwritten records, or a name on a family tree. Then I see a face. I notice the eyes, the clothes, the way someone is standing, or the expression the camera happened to catch. I still don’t know what that person was thinking, but now there’s a face attached to everything I’ve been finding.
A family story can do something similar. It doesn’t have to be dramatic. Maybe someone remembered the way an ancestor laughed, what she liked to cook, the chair he always sat in, or a saying everybody associated with him. Details like those rarely appear in official records, yet one small memory can make a person easier to imagine than a folder full of documents...
Podcast Notes: https://ancestralfindings.com/why-do-some-ancestors-feel-closer-than-others/
Ancestral Findings Podcast:
https://ancestralfindings.com/podcast
This Week's Free Genealogy Lookups:
https://ancestralfindings.com/lookups
Genealogy Giveaway:
https://ancestralfindings.com/giveaway