September 14, 2026

The People I Almost Walked Past in the Family Tree


When I am working on the Moneymaker side of my family in Virginia, there is always a pull to keep going backward. Find the parents, then their parents, then see whether another generation is waiting in an older record. That part of genealogy can be hard to resist. But sometimes, while following that line, I notice someone sitting just off to the side: a sister who never married, a brother who moved away, a child who died young, or a relative living in the household whose connection is not immediately clear. I have learned that these are often the people I should stop and look at before moving on...

Podcast Notes: https://ancestralfindings.com/the-people-i-almost-walked-past-in-the-family-tree/

Ancestral Findings Podcast:
https://ancestralfindings.com/podcast

This Week's Free Genealogy Lookups:
https://ancestralfindings.com/lookups

Genealogy Giveaway:
https://ancestralfindings.com/giveaway

Genealogy eBooks:
https://ancestralfindings.com/ebooks

Follow Along:
https://www.facebook.com/AncestralFindings
https://www.youtube.com/@ancestralfindings

Support Ancestral Findings:
https://ancestralfindings.com/support

#Genealogy #AncestralFindings #GenealogyClips


Check out this episode!