August 3, 2006

Researching Neglected LinesJuliana Smith

Before I dive in to this week's column, I'd like to apologize to all who have received corrupted, duplicate, or otherwise garbled newsletters over the past couple weeks. There were some necessary back-end technological changes that have made life a little challenging for those of us on the newsletter front. We're very sorry for the inconvenience. If you missed reading any of the past issues, we've included links to them in the Blog Extras section of this newsletter.
Today I decided to take out some of my frustrations on a somewhat neglected family line. (I'm noticing I have a few these days.) I seem to focus on my Kellys for the most part, so today I sidestepped to my Tobin line to see if I could make some progress there. I don't know as much as I'd like about Thomas Tobin (my third great-grandfather) and his family, so I thought he'd be a good place to start.

Maybe you've been a little neglectful of one of your ancestral lines too. So why do we abandon a family line? Brick wall? Lack of accessible resources? Let's take a look at some reasons and possible solutions.

[ Next Page ] - Click Here