Envision your ancestors' world--as your ancestors knew it--through hundreds of beautiful full-color reproductions of useful eighteenth and nineteenth century maps. The maps illustrate the historical boundaries of each of the U.S. states as they progressed from territories to statehood and show the shifting of county boundaries and names within states over the years.
Inside you'll find:
- Full-color historical maps of the United States from each decade of the nineteenth century.
- Detailed, full-color historical maps of all 50 U.S. states.
- Time lines of significant events in each state's history.
- Charming nineteenth-century panoramic maps of key cities.
- Special-interest maps, which provide intriguing peeks into American society from average family sizes to taxation per capita to regional industries. This book is perfect for family historians researching their American roots.
|Birth Records | Census Records | Death Records | Divorce Records | Family Trees | Land Records | Marriage Records | Military Records | Immigration Records | State Records|